Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Sisters

When I'm the happiest

I am the oldest of 4 girls.  I love my sisters and I can say that some of my happiest memories come when the 4 of us are all together.  When my mom was pregnant for each of us she wanted a boy.  We were all supposed to be named Todd.  We said that she finally just got tired of trying and gave up after Trisha was born.  I am glad we were all girls and I know she and my dad wouldn't have had it any other way.
 
There is something special about a sister: the history we have shared over the years, being there for the wonderful moments that life gives us and the not-so-nice things that come down the pike when you are all growing up together.  What I love is that no one knows you like a sister does.  I love the connection that is made through all of the good times and the tears. We fought when we were young, and we still fight, but I cannot imagine life without all of them here with me.
 
In the last 2 months we have grown even closer. Tina, my 2nd youngest sister, was diagnosed with Endocervical-Uterine Cancer.  I have worked with women with cancer for more than 6 years now and have performed hundreds of makeovers for these amazing women. And yet nothing could have prepared me for the day Tina called me. 
 
It was a sunny day in June and I received a phone call from Tina.  I answered the phone and could hear her tearful voice saying, "I have cancer."  WOW!  Now what do I do!  I assured her that we would get through this and that it would be alright.
Tina has had a surgery and has started Chemotherapy, and her prognosis is great. 
 
 But I can say that it has truely opened my eyes to so many things. 
 
 
Life is way too short.  Live every day as if it were your last.
 
No one is immune to this horrible disease.
 
And Friends can never take the place of sisters
 
I can not imagine my life without Amy, Tina and Trisha I love you girls!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful homage to your sisters. I want to thank you as I have been a recipient of your Hello Gorgeous service(in Noblesville Ind) and it meant soooo much to me. Hope you give your sister a Hello Gorgeous makeover.

    ReplyDelete